This No Streak Homemade Window Cleaner (known on the internet as Alis super easy to make, is much safer than a lot of the store-bought options, and leaves your windows and mirrors streak-free.
Plus it costs almost nothing to make, so it’s easy on the budget too.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work as well)
- 1/4 cup isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol (vodka is a safer choice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (reduces streaking)
- 2 cups water
- 8-10 drops essential oil of choice (optional. Lemon, orange, or another citrus would be my choice here, but lavender or others would be nice as well.
- A good glass spray bottle or quality BPA-free plastic spray bottle.
- Combine everything in a spray bottle. (You can reuse the container you already have from your store bought glass cleaner. I had to buy one at a dollar store since we haven’t used glass cleaner in years :-)!)
- Shake well to mix and shake well again before each use.
- Spray onto glass surface and wipe clean.