Spring cleaning is an annual ritual to clear out all of the dust, cobwebs, and clutter that have accumulated in your home over the winter. Our bodies also deserve a “spring cleaning” to flush out toxins that have accumulated over time. Adding a detoxifying cleanse to your annual routine can help increase your energy flow and help with your overall well-being.
Breathing, Sweating, and Eliminating
The simplest ways for your body to naturally eliminate toxins are through breathing, sweating, and eliminating through your gastrointestinal system. There are a wide variety of methods for cleansing your body, along with many different levels of intensity. However, the simplest and single most important step you can take to help your body flush out toxins is to drink more water. Adding more movement to your daily routine can also help increase your circulation and release endorphins, which act as positive mood boosters.
Several techniques to help your body eliminate toxins include:
- Alternating between hot and cold water in the shower to help promote blood circulation to the skin
- Sitting in a sauna or hot tub to promote toxin elimination through sweating
Here are some examples of different types of internal cleanses. Be sure to consult with your health professional before starting a cleansing regimen.
The Master Cleanse
This is a simple and fairly easy liquid cleanse that you can do for up to 7–10 days:
- ½ fresh squeezed lemon
- 8 oz. of distilled water
- 1–2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Mix and drink 6–12 glasses daily.
Vital Life Juice Recipe
Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young created this recipe over 25 years ago to provide concentrated nutrients.
- 3 ounces freshly sliced beet
- 1 oz. freshly sliced carrot
- 1 oz. freshly sliced celery
- 1/3 freshly sliced white radish
- 1 pinch of ginger
- 1/3 potato (optional)
Puree all ingredients in a blender and drink ¼–½ cup every 2–3 hours.
Grapefruit Juice Recipe
This refreshing drink is simple to make and easy to drink throughout the day.
- ½ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 quart distilled or purified water
- 3 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil
- Young Living Blue Agave to taste
Mix ingredients together in a pitcher and store in the refrigerator.