If you are one of those people who gets very stressed and anxious, especially before an important event, you might have a problem to fall or stay asleep. Thus, you will have to calm down the nerves and get some rest.
This is why we are here today. We will present you with a method that will help you through this.
The method is called ‘4-7-8 Method’ and this is what you will have to do.
- First, breathe calmly through the nose for 4 seconds.
- Then, hold the breath for 7 seconds.
- Afterward, breathe out slowly through the mouth for 8 seconds.
- That is it. This might sound weird, but it works.
How Do You Actually Fall Asleep with the Method?
- Well, when you are stressed or anxious, the adrenaline in the blood will increase and the breathing will be faster and lighter.
- The exercise will act as a sedative.
- It will slow down the breathing by forcing the rhythm of the heart to slow down and it will calm you down quickly.
- Moreover, the exercise will calm down the mind as well.
- This is due to the fact that it makes you concentrate on the breathing.
- You might not notice, but when the central nervous system reduces its activity, the anxiety will be gone.
- Even a neurologist will confirm this to you.
- This results in a whole relaxation of the body.
- When it comes to the speed and strength of the physical effect that it has, the exercise is close to an anesthetic.
- Actually, this method has been very well known to the Indian yogi for centuries.
- They have been using it in meditation for complete relaxation. Thus, it is very harmless.
How Can You Use It?
- This can help if you get up in the middle of the night due to the fact that something is bothering you.
- This is also good for when you are feeling nervous before an important event.
- The method will give you all the rest you need.
One more thing that can help you relax the mind and body before you go to bed is the mixture we are about to present you.
- 1/4 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- You can either swallow the mixture or add it in a glass of water, the effects are the same.
- These will not only help your health but it will also reduce the cortisol spikes which wake you up at night and interrupt your sleep.