Stretch marks occur when there is a rapid change in your skin due to weight gain or growth. Stretch marks can be very embarrassing at times especially obvious ones and can occur in both men and women. Puberty and pregnancy are the most common cause of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways on how to get rid of stretch marks fast naturally in 1 week which will be explained in this blog post.
The first natural remedy you should try for your stretch marks is
A distinguishing function of vitamin A is that it makes your skin more youthful and smoother. Vitamin A is added to
many over the counter creams because it makes your skin look fresher. There are many sources of vitamin A which are
- Sweet Potatoes,
If you consume food rich in retinol (vitamin A) properly and consistently, you will acquire your youthful skin back in no time. Also, when shopping for creams, opt for creams rich in vitamin A to ensure better efficiency.
Sugar scrub is also a good natural remedy for stretch marks. It will exfoliate the affected area and helps the stretch marks fade.
- 1 cup of sugar with
- ¼ cup of a softening agent like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil.
- Stir well and add lemon juice.
- Scrub the mixture on the stretch mark for about 8 to 10 minutes and repeat for 1 week while in the shower to get rid of the stretch marks fast.
Cocoa butter will hydrate your skin and make it smoother. It will penetrate into the inner layers of your skin and repair worn out or damaged cells. If cocoa butter is applied to the stretch marks twice or thrice in a day, you will see the great result in a week.
How to prepare cocoa butter for stretch marks
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon of kernel oil
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
One tablespoon of wheat germ oil.
- Mix all the ingredients and heat it until the beeswax melt completely
- After heating, store the mixture in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated
- Apply the mixture on the stretch mark and massage thoroughly for a few minutes until it is absorbed well by your skin
- You can apply the mixture 2 or 3 times in a day for a week.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, a conditioning agent that quickens the healing of stretch marks and scars. It can be used most times to treat skin diseases. With castor oil, the stretch marks on your skin will fade away naturally in a week.
Heat the castor oil slightly
Massage it on the affected area on your skin for 20 minutes every day for a week
Olive oil has an anti-inflammatory property; it is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidant. It helps in relieving skin problems.
- Warm the olive oil slightly
- Massage the stretch marks with olive oil thoroughly for 10 minutes
- Repeat at least 2 to 3 times in a day for a week.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E has anti-aging and antioxidant properties which makes it a vital ingredient in body creams. They can be extracted from vitamin E capsules. Apply it on the stretch marks to get rid of it fast.
- Cut the capsule open to extract the oil
- Apply vitamin E oil on the stretch mark and massage thoroughly for 10 minutes
- Apply 2 or 3 times in a day for a week
Baking soda removes dead skin layer, therefore, making the stretch marks fade away by toning up the skin.
First of all, you need 1 tablespoon of baking soda, juice of 1 lemon and a cling wrap.
- Mix the lemon with the baking soda
- Apply the mixture on the stretch mark and wrap it in cling
- Leave for 30 minutes, after, remove the cling wrap and wash away with warm water
- Repeat the procedure every day for 1 week for a fast result.
Application of turmeric on your stretch marks is one of the best ways to get rid of it. Turmeric has skin toning features and will reduce the appearance of scars stretch marks fast.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt or white cream.
- Mix the turmeric powder with the yogurt or white cream to form a paste
- Apply mixture or paste on the stretch mark and leave to dry for 20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat procedure 2 or 3 times in a day to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Employ egg whites to get rid of stretch marks fast. Egg whites contain protein and amino acid which helps in repairing damaged skin tissues.
- Whip 2 egg whites until soft peaks form
- Apply the thick layer of the egg whites on the stretch marks and leave to dry
- Wash away with cold
- Apply coconut oil or olive oil to moisturize the skin
- Repeat this process once in a day for at least a week.