As we age, our skin loses its ability to regenerate. The fat cells beneath the skin begin to shrink and the inner layers of our skin become thinner. Skin loses its firmness and elasticity and we’re left with wrinkles. Everyone will have to deal with wrinkles at some point, but the severity of the problem will differ from person to person depending on genetics, weight fluctuations, sun exposure, and the kinds of skin products we use over time.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to make any Botox appointments or go out and buy tons of expensive wrinkle creams. There are plenty of natural, affordable, effective ways to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. One of them is coconut oil. We’re about to tell you exactly how to use it, but first, take a look at why it works.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil alone is an excellent remedy for wrinkles.
- Before bed each night, simply massage organic coconut oil into wrinkled skin until it absorbs completely.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Apply daily.
- For added benefit, consume 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil each day to provide your body with the nutrients it needs to keep skin healthy.
2. Coconut Oil with Egg White and Milk
Milk hydrates skin while egg white tightens it to prevent sagging and wrinkles.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon each of organic coconut oil and honey, 1 egg white, and 1 tablespoon milk.
- Use fingertips to massage mixture into skin.
- Leave on 30 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat at least 3 times a week.
- You can mix coconut oil and egg white to get rid of sagging skin around mouth.
3. Coconut Oil Bath
This works well for wrinkles on the body.
- Massage virgin coconut oil into skin until completely absorbed.
- Leave on 30-45 minutes.
- Run a bath.
- Repeat regularly.
- Or apply coconut oil on damp skin after bath.
- Massage gently and wash with water without soap and pat dry.
- Repeat daily to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
4. Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, and Shea Butter
Olive oil moisturizes and nourishes skin while Shea butter restores elasticity.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1 teaspoon of each of organic coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, almond oil and 1 tablespoon of Shea butter over low flame, stirring until combined.
- Let cool to touchable temperature and use fingertips to massage into skin until absorbed.
- Leave on 30 minutes or overnight, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat twice a day i.e. once in the morning and once at night time before going to bed.
5. Coconut Oil with Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil helps heal damaged skin while supporting the growth of healthy new skin cells.
- In a sauce pan, over low flame, melt 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil and the oil from 2 vitamin E capsules, stirring until combined.
- Let cool to room temperature and use fingertips to massage into skin.
- Leave on 15 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- For added benefit, include ½ teaspoon lavender oil.
- Repeat regularly. Source: www.Homeremediesforlife.com