Flawless skin is defined by having fewer open pores, which are small indentations commonly present on combination to oily skin, contributing to a lackluster facial appearance. This can lead to problems like blackheads, excess sebum production, and pimples, as these pores may become clogged with dirt and dust. However, it’s important to note that pores play a crucial role in eliminating toxins and maintaining skin hydration. The concern arises when these pores become enlarged, causing various issues. In this article, we will delve into addressing this particular concern.
Why Do Large Skin Pores Occur?
Here are some reasons for large skin pores:
- Hereditary: Sometimes, larger skin pores are just in the genes.
- Ageing: With age the collagen and elastin in the skin are lost, which stretches out the skin, creating larger pores.
- Sunlight Exposure: The skin collagen gets damaged and elasticity is reduced when you step out in harsh sunlight without using any protection on the skin.
- Makeup Products: When you use many makeup products, the skin is unable to breathe, as the pores get clogged. even dirt and oil get deposited in them, gradually leading to an increase in their size. Certain products also result in the reduction of skin elasticity and creating open pores.
- Changes in hormonal balance is another reason for open pores on the face.
- Smoking: Chemicals are deposited on the skin by smoking, widely opening the pores.
- Oily Food: Too much deep-fried food can lead to open pores and oily skin.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Open Pores on Skin:
Try the following home remedies to reduce the appearance of open pores on the face:
1. Mashed Papaya:
Papaya has a good amount of antioxidants along with papain which is an enzyme that is helpful for blemish reduction. It also unclogs the pores.
- For this, you need some rice papaya and mash them to apply on the face.
- This has to be left for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Frequency of use: This can be done 2-3 times a week.
2. Scrubbing Sugar:
Sugar is an amazing exfoliator and can easily remove oil and debris from the skin pores. Since all the dirt will be eliminated by doing so, the pore size also reduces.
- Take a half-cut lemon and place some sugar on it.
- This needs to be rubbed on the whole face.
- Leave the lemon juice and sugar crystals for about 15 minutes on the face.
- A few drops of oil can also be added to this scrub with half the amount of sugar.
Frequency of use: Try this 2-3 times a week.
3. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe vera is a great cleanser. It also nourishes and hydrates the skin by unclogging the pores.
- Massage some aloe vera gel on the open pores for a few minutes and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Frequency of use: This needs to be done every day for shrinking the pores.
4. Mask with Egg Whites:
This is a great agent for toning and tightening the skin and shrinking the large pores. Also, excess oil is easily removed. For this, you need to make a peel-off mask using egg whites.
- First, the egg white needs to be separated from the yolk. Whisk the egg white thoroughly and evenly spread it on your face.
- Take tissue paper and cover the whole face with it such that the egg white will stick to it like glue.
- Upon drying completely, peel it off. Then you can rinse off the face with water.
Frequency of use: It can be done twice every week to experience the benefits.
5. Baking Soda:
This helps in balancing skin’s pH levels and is also known for anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial characteristics. Thus using it reduces pimples and acne on the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Massage this mixture on the face in a circular motion.
- This needs to be left for about 5 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
Frequency of use: Repeat this three or four times a week for noticing the benefits.
6. Banana Peel:
It has lutein which is an antioxidant that helps in skin rejuvenation and tightening the pores along with the potassium in it.
- Take a peel of ripe banana and run it against your face gently.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with water.
Frequency of use: Repeat the process on alternate days for better outcomes.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar:
It acts as a natural toning agent for the skin besides a great remedy for treating acne breakouts with its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial characteristics. The pH balance of the skin is restored and the large pores are tightened.
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar has to be mixed with 2 teaspoons of water.
- Using a cotton ball, this mixture needs to be applied to the face and left for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with water and apply some moisturizer.
Frequency of use: Try this 2-3 times a week.
These were some of the easiest and best home remedies for reducing skin pore size. Make sure to follow the right process while applying them to experience the benefits.