We all aspire to showcase skin that is radiant, clear, healthy, and free from wrinkles, don’t we? To achieve such amazing skin, we constantly experiment with various skincare products and cosmetics. Many of us prefer to rely on natural ingredients, and these remedies prove to be effective as well.
But, everything depends on how religiously you follow your skin care regimen. A proper skin care regimen basically includes three important steps – cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. What if we tell you that you can achieve the benefit of all the three steps with just a single face wash? Yes, you read that right.
Today, we are going to share the recipe of a face wash that not only cleanses your skin but also helps in toning and moisturizing it. Bonus – it works on all skin types.
So, without any further ado, let’s check out the recipe of this amazing face wash.
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (extra virgin)
How To Prepare This Face Wash
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this to your face.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Massage your skin in a circular motion for around a minute.
- Now, rinse your face with plain water and then pat dry with a towel.
- Since the face mask contains coconut oil and it hydrates your skin well, you need not apply a moisturizer.
- Apply this twice or thrice a week for best results.
Why This Works
Though there are a number of face washes available in the market, using the combo of coconut oil and baking soda as a face wash can turn out to be a great idea. This combination not only works as an amazing exfoliator, but also helps in protecting your skin from acne and blackheads.
Since baking soda is amphoteric in nature, it neutralizes the pH imbalance of the skin. pH imbalance is one of the main reasons for the occurrence of acne, blackheads or dry skin. It also targets skin inflammation and heals distressed skin. Applying baking soda over pimples can help reduce their size as well as the redness.
Coconut oil, on the other hand, has incredible nourishing and moisturizing properties. It is antibacterial and antiviral in nature, and thus, helps in healing several skin conditions such as eczema or chronically dry skin. If your skin is prone to acne, you must consider applying coconut oil to it.
Mentioned below are some other reasons you should start applying coconut oil on your face.