We’re all fans of the occasional detox. Unfortunately, not all detoxes are created equal.
In the case of our soup cleanse, however, you can rest assured that work is occurring naturally, improving the performance of your gut, kidneys, liver, lymphatic system, and skin, as well as rebooting your digestive system and boosting your immune system.
In particular, we recommend first only doing the soup cleanse for one day, then a month later, do a three-day soup cleanse. You can, and should, easily eat five or six bowls of soup each day while on the cleanse, in addition to lots of water – as a rule of thumb, we suggest half your weight in ounces daily.
Without any further ado, enjoy our recipe tips below:
Detox Soup Ingredient Principles
- Prepare a miso or vegetable broth.
- Add spices like turmeric, ginger, cumin, garlic, cinnamon, etc.
- Add fibrous veggies like kale, spinach, zucchini, leeks, onions, carrots, etc.
- Add starchy veggies like potatoes, acorn squash, parsnips, beets, etc.
- Don’t forget about proteins – we recommend beans, nuts, or lentils
- Additional ingredients you can consider for flavoring the soup are coconut, avocado, or olive oil, ghee, etc.
Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c kale or spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp collagen (optional)
- First, you need to heat the coconut oil in a pot.
- Next, add the broccoli, celery, and onion.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes and then add the broth.
- Leave it to simmer for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients blend and the soup is even and thick.